Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MAKIN' CHANGES

Hello Readers!


"The Endless Reel" has been live for over six months now, so to commemorate this occasion. Up until now, I've tried to keep a generally static roster of titles coming every week. At least in the beginning, consistency was a good thing - it kept me focused and involved long enough to make this blog something I really, really enjoy updating instead of it devolving into a chore. Now, I want to try something new. I've made some changes to the upcoming Schedule that you might want to check out!


First off, I'll be updating the 'Monthly Schedule' page of the blog each month to reflect the printing date changes and to accomodate for five-week months. I was spending quite a bit of time re-ordering titles on that page as release dates changed and new titles were added, etc. From now on, you'll be able to see all the upcoming reviews for the entire month all in one place! I'll still be posting (THE WEEK) every Tuesday to keep casual readers informed, but all the same information will be available constantly on the 'Monthly Schedule' page.


The second big change is the permanent addition of '4-Sentence Reviews' each week. I've decided to make this a weekly series because I read a whole lot more titles than just the ones I review, so I thought it might be fun to take a look at some of those. On top of different series, some titles that have been regularly covered up until now may be relegated to '4SR' from time to time. The third change is directly connected to '4-Sentence Reviews', as well as being the future of "The Endless Reel".


The third change to "The Endless Reel" is more Marvel Comics coverage. Initially, I'll only be reviewing titles connected to Avengers vs. X-Men, and these reviews will only be short ones in '4-Sentence Reviews' posts. Titles like New Avengers, Wolverine and The X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men will be looked at in the coming months, and eventually, I'll start adding content from Image Comics (beyond my current coverage of the fantastic Saga), Marvel's Icon imprint, IDW, and Dark Horse Comics.


So here goes nothin'! I think this is going to be a lot of fun, and I hope all you readers enjoy the extra coverage, new features, and expanded scope of "The Endless Reel" as they go live this July!



Regards,
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment