Thursday, March 28, 2013

Teen Titans #18 (mini review)

(w) Scott Lobdell     (a) Eddy Barrows

Holy God. 

Seriously. 

Words might not be enough to describe just how much I loathe Scott Lobdell's Teen Titans. The man has single-handedly decimated years of amazing character development from Geoff Johns and others that made the Teen Titans one of DC's best books. 

Teen Titans #18 is so full of terrible, I basically stopped reading after the first half. It took everything in me to continue reading, and I was upset the entire time. Nothing about this issue is good. Tim's super awkward semi-psychotic breakdown over Damian Wayne's death is just god-awful. He just yells at a nonexistent Damian before Alfred finds him hugging nothing. If I were Alfie, I'd be calling Arkham.

Then we get the weird reuniting of the Teen Titans wherein Superboy continues to act like a complete dick to the surprise of no one. What did surprise me was that Scott Lobdell, once again, felt it necessary to reference N.O.W.H.E.R.E. It's infuriating to see that terrible acronym pop up yet again for no reason whatsoever. Get over it, Lobdell.

None of this is to mention the inclusion of the Suicide Squad. Why? Just because. Deal with it, apparently.

And isn't Red Robin supposed to be possessed by the Joker or something? I don't know. I'm so far beyond hoping or believing that Scott Lobdell can write a coherent story I just don't know what to do.

I am counting the days until Justin Jordan's debut issue on the series because it seriously could not be any worse than this steaming pile Scott Lobdell calls his work.

GRADE: 0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment