Sunday, March 11, 2012

Movie Reviews, AvX, Classics Revisited

Hello Readers!

About a week back, I posted a short apology about the lack of TV show reviews, despite my original plan to go live with regular TV coverage starting in March. Due to family circumstances and job-related responsibilities, I've been unable to even begin my TV coverage. Due to my increased workload, along with a general exhaustion, I've decided to cancel TV show coverage for the foreseeable future. Trying to take on a weekly schedule of TV shows was proving much more daunting than I had anticipated, and I did not want to do it half-way. In or out, and unfortunately, this time, it was out.

In an effort to make up for the cancellation of television on "The Endless Reel", as well as giving me more content to write, I'll soon be starting a slew of new special features that I'm really looking forward to! Starting tomorrow, I'll be posting (MOVIE REVIEWS), which will cover movies connected to the DC Comics universe. Starting with animated films, I'll begin with Superman: Doomsday before tackling Justice League: The New Frontier, then the rest of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies before delving into old Batman: The Animated Series-era animated flicks, then into live-action from 1978's Superman to 2011's Green Lantern.

I've already pledged to cover DC's two major events this summer; Before Watchmen and the first 'New 52' crossover, "Night of the Owls", and now I've got a few more special events coming your way. I will also be covering Marvel's "Avengers vs. X-Men" event. I know that this site has been - up to this point - exclusively DC Comics-related. And for good reason, I've stayed out of Marvel's universe for some time. But now, the Big M is looking to really just have a good time. They're only releasing the main series and an AvX: VS. series dedicated to huge fight sequences. As far as events go, it's not massive, and it sounds cool enough to cover without having to read obscure X-Factor issues. These posts will be tagged as (AvX REVIEW)s.

Along with the new events being released this summer, I'd also like to go backwards and review some classic stories that I feel stand the true test of time and resonate with readers, even years later. I'll be covering DC: The New Frontier as a two-part comparison between the comic series and the film, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Batman: Hush, and Superman: For Tomorrow. This series of posts are (CLASSICS REVISITED).


Stay tuned to "The Endless Reel" in the coming weeks for more information about scheduling for these new features. I look forward to writing them and I hope you look forward to reading!

- Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment